Arlo Pro 4: Best wire-free camera
The Arlo Pro 4 is our pick for the best wireless security camera because it doesn’t need a power cord and still manages to outperform the competition. Arlo has some of the best smart home compatibility too
We think the Arlo Pro 4 is an excellent choice for a battery-powered camera, especially if you want a quick setup, multiple cameras, and outstanding video quality. Its 2K video captures more detail than 1080p outdoor cameras and records clear video any time of day thanks to infrared night vision and a built-in spotlight.
A helpful tutorial in the Arlo app makes it a breeze to set up. And the magnetic wall mount makes it easy to install anywhere. While you have to pay for cloud video storage on the Arlo Pro 4, it’s one of the more affordable subscriptions out there at $2.99 a month.
Arlo 4 fixes the biggest drawback of Arlo Pro 3 in that it no longer requires a base station, which was available only when buying two or more cameras. This makes it a more affordable choice, though it’s still more expensive than the average wireless camera (including some Arlo cameras). Read our full Arlo Pro 4 and Arlo camera reviews to learn more.
- Zoom in to see sharp details – See and record video in 2K with HDR for a clearer, undistorted picture, day or night.
- See colorful at night – See features like faces or license plates in full color, even at night, with color night vision.
- Smarter alerts, quicker action – Receive notifications for people, vehicles, and packages so you can take quick action such as sound the siren, call a friend or dial emergency services, with the included, Arlo Smart trial.
- 2K video resolution
- Pro Bullet100% wire-free design
- Pro BulletIndoor/outdoor versatility
- Pro BulletSmart home integration
- Con BulletHigh price
- Con BulletPaid cloud storage
Specification: Arlo Pro 4: Best wire-free camera