Wyze – Best Value
Starting at just $20 per camera, Wyze is a great pick for low-cost video monitoring. These cams are created by former Amazon engineers, and include features like 1080p HD video quality, time-lapse video, and more.
There’s a lot to like about Wyze. These cameras come stacked with 1080p HD resolution, custom motion zones, two-way talk, and other features that we typically only find in more expensive devices.
The indoor cameras aren’t necessarily the best quality, but they’re certainly worth the price at $20-$30. Users will enjoy smartphone controls (using the Wyze app) with instant alerts, and free basic cloud storage for video clips. Of course, it’s all DIY setup, with simple plug-and-play functionality. The cameras are also compatible with Alexa, Google Home, and IFTTT for voice control and smart home capabilities. Not bad at all.
However, keep in mind these cameras are plug-in devices and don’t have batteries. So if the power goes out, you’re out of luck for video monitoring. They also don’t sell an outdoor camera, which is a bit disappointing. Finally, the customer service experience could use some minor improvements. But all things considered, it’s a great camera option — especially considering the rock-bottom prices.
- Low-Price and Feature-Rich Smart Home Cameras
- Easy Online Shopping with Clear Product Selection
- 14-Day Free Cloud Storage
- Unique Motion Tagging Accelerates Video History
- Motion Detection Zones Reduce False Alerts
- Advanced Sound Recognition
- Smart Home Accessories Available
- Compatible with Alexa, Google Home, and IFTTT
- Indoor-Only Cameras
- No Professional Monitoring Services
- Corded Cameras Require Power Outlets
- No Backup Batteries
- Limited Video Storage without Upgrade
Specification: Wyze – Best Value